August Online 1 Day Workshop – How to get a better job? (8th August 2020)
Masters of Motion, Prepare yourself for after the shutdowns : Know what you need to compete in this new environment and have a plan to develop your marketing material.
Be part of a 1 day small and intense Online Zoom Workshop. Get up-to-date on what studios and companies desire in new recruits. Discover what is presently happening in the industry. Examine your present goals, strengths & weaknesses, as well as, explore different career paths. Learn what it takes to create an excellent CV, showreel and portfolio, as well as, methods for good self-promotion and marketing. You will get tips for preparing and presenting at an interview. The workshop will improve your confidence & equip you with a solid marketing plan to help you get your next job.
- Your own strengths and weaknesses
- Career goals and aspirations
- The Motion Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX industry
Discuss the difference between working :
- Full-time, part-time or freelance
- Industry rates and payments across industries
- Contracting or running a studio
Look at examples of many well known :
- Designers and Illustrators
- 2d /3d Animators and Motion Designers
- Visual Effects Artists
- Activity : What position is best for you.
- Activity : Practising contacting studios over the phone
- Activity : Practising contacting studios via email
- Activity : Self-analysis questionnaire
- Activity : Build a personal marketing plan
Learn & Understand :
- What it takes to create an excellent CV
- The essentials of creating an excellent showreel
- Self-promotion and marketing techniques
- Tips for preparing and presenting at an interview
- Important tips on what not to do when marketing yourself
Marketing yourself In the Covid 19 era :
- How covert has affected the industry
- How to adapt to the new environment
Equip yourself with :
- Industry knowledge & marketing techniques
- A plan and marketing strategy to get your next job
- We will finish the day with a Beer and a chat.
- This workshop is designed to support the industry and is not-for-profit.
Earlybird discount tickets end on Friday,
– 24th of August or if sold out first.
For more information, please visit at Masters of Motion